Posted on: 11 November 2015
Making sure your employees know just how much you appreciate their work should be said in more ways than one; one of those ways could be inviting them to an exclusive company picnic. The following guide will help you throw a successful company picnic that should help re-energize your employees, encouraging them to continue providing their best work.
The Right Location
One of the most important factors to think about when throwing a company picnic is the location of said event, and you should consider some of the following:
- Will it be able to host all of your guests comfortably?
- Is the locale beautiful or eye-catching?
You should also keep in mind that the right location should offer benefits that will make you and your guests worry-free, and they should offer things that will enhance the experience. So consider a location that can provide some of the following company picnic necessities:
- Wireless internet
- Projector(s) and good audio for announcements or whatever else is needed
- An in-house catering staff, preferably with different options to suit your needs, like gluten-free food options
- Event staff to take care of incidentals or technical difficulties should they arise
- Gated parking
Those are just some of the things a good location can offer your company's picnic.
The Important Checklist
The following are a few things that you should make sure are in place before your company's picnic:
- Who are you inviting? Is the event for specific employees, or all of them? Will their families be invited?
- What will be the theme of your event?
- Are you going to hire a digital coordinator to help you set up the event online for things like early check-ins or after-event photographs?
The Fun Part
All events should have an element of fun for the attendees to enjoy, and the following are some things that you can consider:
- A DJ or some other type of live music entertainment, such as a choir or a lineup of musical acts
- A magician, comedian, or jester
- Sports activity like a baseball match between supervisors and regular employees, or between departments
- Face painters, photo booths, craft-making, karaoke or other carnival-type activities that might entertain kids should you invite families
Those are just a few things to consider when planning your company's picnic. Keep in mind that this picnic is as much for your company's success as it is for your hardworking employees.
Contact an event center like ONEOK Field for more help.Share